We are seeking a full-time experienced Accounts Payable candidate with a Construction background to be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all vendors in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. This position includes low-volume front desk/receptionist duties.
- Greet arriving visitors/guests.
- Receive mail and package deliveries.
- Answer low-volume phone calls.
- Inventory and place office supply orders.
- Manage online company calendar with upcoming bids and employee’s time-off.
- Enter new vendors into accounts payable system and obtain W-9’s prior to payment.
- File & organize packing slips, invoices, and vendor payments.
- Obtain and reconcile all pertinent supporting documents for invoices while obtaining authorizations.
- Code invoices to appropriate accounting periods and general ledger accounts.
- Ensure sales tax or use taxes are coded appropriately.
- Accurate entry of invoices and credits into accounts payable system.
- Reconcile vendor and credit card statements monthly, research and resolve discrepancies on a timely basis.
- Process weekly AP check run.
- Process joint checks and lien releases.
- Process new vendor credit applications.
- Work proactively with vendors and internal personnel to manage inquires and discrepancies.
- Enter job budgets into accounting software, including extra work cost codes.
- Assist team with other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated accounting experience with accounts payable.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles to code invoices using chart of accounts.
- Excellent organization, research, and reconciliation skills.
- Proficient in Excel, data management, formatting, and formulas.
- Excellent 10 key and alpha numeric keying speeds.
Experience and Education:
- AA in accounting or 3 years in an accounting role.
- Job cost-based accounting software experience.
- Experience with Sage accounting software a plus.
$24 – $28.00 hourly
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org