• Study and thoroughly understand all aspect of the plans. Including details and specs.
• Review all contracts and assist with scope of work for each sub-contractor. Hold preconstruction meetings with Subs to review plans and scope. Review and sign pre-con check list.
• Hold preconstruction meetings with local inspectors. Discuss inspection requirements and required documents. Discuss procedures for inspections and any new policies.
• Create a rapport with local inspectors to promote friendly relations with Company and City officials.
2. Site Expectations
• Supervise all construction and administrative activities on a daily basis.
• Efficiently coordinate and facilitate quality construction of the project to while maintaining a schedule.
• Superintendent is responsible for coordinating job site access for subcontractors.
• Superintendent is responsible for overseeing the on-site assistant and that his/her responsibilities are met.
• Manage RFl’s and SK’s and tracking official responses.
• Hold weekly jobsite meetings for trades that are on site or relevant.
• Meet jobsite safety standards set forth by Dept. of L&I.
• Provide information to a daily log. Including notes, pictures, and deliveries.
3. Quality Control
• Inspect subcontractor work on a daily basis using a tape measure and level to ensure construction is the correct dimension, plumb, level and square.
• Keep direct communication with subcontractor in the field daily to make sure that questions related to construction are answered timely thus avoiding delays.
• Inspect each aspect of construction for its compliance with the plans, specs, and scope of work.
• Superintendents are required to conduct an owner/client final walk-through. Assistants should accompany as note takers only.
• Issue punch list items for contractors to complete per scope of work.
• Assemble a complete job file per dwelling/unit/structure.
• Providing a construction schedule and updating it on a weekly basis. Schedules will be distributed to vendors bi-weekly or as needed.
• Company will provide a weekly Job Schedule/Status sheets that will require weekly updates.
• Keeping an accurate up-to-date schedule is very important.
• Superintendent is responsible for reviewing and verifying deliveries, quantities and keeping record of pick tickets.
• Reviewing invoices to determine percentage complete.
• Any contract that is billed on a per unit basis shall be field measured before approval of invoice.
• Any change order request must be sent to Company immediately for review.
• Determine if a back charge is necessary. Document it with a brief paragraph and photo if necessary.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com