Do you enjoy variety and things never being the same? Are you proactive and enjoy multi-tasking? If this sounds like you, apply to join our team! The Fleet Coordinator position is responsible for ensuring customer demands and needs are met while maximizing the utilization of company-owned equipment and minimizing the use of lease equipment to increase turn times and reduce cost. Cross collaboration within the fleet departments will be a main function and expectation of this position.
- Coordinate and arrange transportation with third party carriers
- Schedule equipment (owned and leased) to meet customer demands and needs
- Tracking and tracing of equipment
- Internal coordination of equipment needs (Use of EAM and Trucker Portal, etc.)
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Anticipate and resolve customer and vendor issues
- Maintain third party carrier metric reports (gate in times, appt performance)
- Build positive, collaborative relationships through open and interactive communication
- Identify process improvements during daily tasks, and work with assigned team to improve and document procedures.
- Billing reconciliation (Telematics, Drayage Payables, etc.)
- Support Fleet with vessel certification and inventory reconciliation.
- Carrier contract review and updating (Transportation Interchange Agreements, Rate sheets, Accessorial charge tracking)
- Support and collaborate with Accounts Payable, Fleet, Customer Service, Terminal Operations and Commercial to align with operations.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma required, and an associate degree preferred.
- Two to four years of experience in the transportation industry, preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills a must.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be a team player and provide support to the department.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to anticipate and understand customer needs.
- Knowledge of state and federal bridge regulations.
- Knowledge of trailing equipment.
- Ability to use good judgment to make economic decisions.
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy.
- Computer literate, ability to use standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Work, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- $23.00 hourly
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
There are 0 comments