We are looking for a self motivated Legal Assistant to ensure smooth running of the office and effective case management. You will provide a broad spectrum of legal services under the supervision of an attorney. This is a full-time position. Pay is $24.00 – $30.00 per hour.
- Provide administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness.
- Handle communication with clients, witnesses etc.
- Administratively support and attend trials.
- Prepare case briefs and summarize depositions, interrogatories and testimony.
- Conduct investigations and statistical/documentary research.
- Locate and develop case relevant information.
- Type up and file basic legal documents and correspondence.
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Maintain contact lists.
- Monitor deadlines and juggle calendar.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven working experience as legal assistant or legal secretary
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures and protocols, and court system
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of case management software
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure
- Legal Assistant certification or diploma
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org