Company has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Receptionist in our Tacoma office reporting to the Customer Service Manager. A high school diploma/GED is required with 1 year receptionist experience.
This position is responsible for efficient operation of multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and direct callers to appropriate personnel; greets and directs guests. Support the Customer Service team as directed.
• Retrieves messages from voice mail, answers incoming telephone calls, and determines purpose of callers, forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
• Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
• Create and update bookings, bills of lading and transport bookings.
• Assign customer booking(s) to a designated company vessel.
• Track cargo and provide tracking information to customers.
• Research and resolve customer issues and answer customer questions.
• Inform customers of applicable policies and regulations related to shipment.
• Arrange logistics spots, transloads, deliveries and pickups.
• Answers customer questions about organization, vessel sailing, operational requirements and provides callers with addresses, directions, and other information.
• Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
• Designs, updates, and coordinates printing & distribution of company phone book, employee directory.
• Assists in distribution of courier mail and U.S. mail.
• Courier duties for vacation relief.
• Effectively perform additional duties, as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• One year receptionist experience.
Other Essential Skills and Abilities
• Ability to professionally operate a multi-line telephone system.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good math skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Must be a team player.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as required.
• Computer literate, with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org