We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant Controller to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. The responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior Accountant Controller combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. Reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
This position is part-time at 30 hours per week. Primarily remote, with at least one day in the office.
- Ensures compliance with requirements of all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and rules.
- Ensures sound fiscal operations, including timely, accurate and comprehensive development of an annual budget and its implementation.
- Develop standards, procedures, and tools that enable and encourage best practices and consistency across all financial program areas.
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining accuracy of payroll and accounts payable and receivable cycles.
- Responsible for maintenance and reconciliation of the Great Plains accounting software.
- Performs monthly and Ad-Hoc financial reporting using financial reporting software.
- Completes monthly close process, including bank reconciliation and monthly accruals.
- Presents the budget and financial statements monthly to the CEO, assisting in their interpretation.
- Coordinates and assists the Treasurer in facilitating Finance Committee meetings.
- Manages the main financial partners, including Columbia Bank, BNY Mellon and Johnson, Stone & Pagano.
- Makes bank deposits when needed.
- Coordinates and prepares materials for the annual financial audit and the 990 Tax return.
- Assists in providing financial and payroll data needed.
- Heads up the accounting software implementation from Great Plains to Microsoft’s Business Central.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of senior level experience, demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility, with demonstrated success in all functional areas.
- Must have a successful track record of managing a team and providing leadership to staff and board.
- A mature and experienced manager who can work effectively with team members at different stages of career development and with a strong, experience senior management team.
- Impeccable integrity, judgment, and discretion along with a professional demeanor and interpersonal style that elicits trust from leadership, staff and partners.
- Proficient computer skills: MS Office applications; FRx financial reporting software & Great Plains accounting software and/or Microsoft Business Central accounting software experience a must.
- Demonstrated success in financial management to allocate resources, prepare budgets, analyze financial data and forecast unearned income.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com