The Subcontracts Payables position interacts with subcontractors, as well as office and project staff in the collection and review of payment applications from Subcontractors. This position ensures payment applications are complete, original, signed, accurate, and in line with contractual language of the subcontract agreement. The Subcontracts Payables position will process and enter the payment application into the system and work with the project teams on review and approval.
This position will work with the Accounts Payables Supervisor to release progress and retention payments when appropriate and have an understanding of paid-when/if-paid concepts. There must also be an understanding and knowledge of conditional/unconditional lien releases, including progress and final release languages.
This position will also be cross trained to support and back-up the Contracts and Compliance Department to offer support during the busy season as well as to cover any staff shortages as they might occur. This training would cover document tracking, insurance review and tracking, close-out review, certified payroll review and tracking, overall compliance review for payment preparation, and more.
The following experience and/or education is required:
• 1+ years of experience/exposure to Payment Applications, AIA format, Schedule of Values, or Pay Estimate billing types.
• 1+ years of experience/exposure to Conditional/Unconditional Lien Releases/Waivers
• 1+ years of experience/exposure to Contracts/Subcontracts (review/language)
• 1+ years of experience/exposure to Change Orders
• Two or more years of accounting experience
• Two or more years working in an accounting role for a general contractor or a construction company
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and compute figures in English
• Must be comfortable with heavy, daily Excel usage
The following experience is preferred
• Dexter & Chaney/Spectrum/Viewpoint software usage, or similar construction-based software.
• MS Excel
• MS Word
• Adobe Acrobat
Job functions include (but not limited to):
• Involvement in day-to-day production (process invoices, addressing phone calls and emails, etc.).
• Process invoices timely for project team review.
• Track and log contractual compliance documents.
• Request missing documentation from subcontractors and/or vendors.
• Implements, and maintains systems, procedures, and policies with the Controller.
• Offer additional support and cross-training to other departments as needed.
• Maintain vendor files, both physical and electronic.
Benefits (incurred at varied intervals of employment):
• Medical, dental, and vision for employees and family.
• Paid vacation, sick time, and holidays.
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com